Monday, December 1, 2008

Webquests

Wow. Making one seems like a lot of work...ka-cha!
I think though this is the avenue I could go with with my animal unit in mind. In the elementary version, I like "A Stitch in Time" because it had a lot of good pictures. I thought the "Bowhead Whale" had too many icons to click and view from. I liked "Meet the Immigrants" because it wasn't as word-y or click-y like the bowhead webquest and without the (learned) format of "Introduction, Tasks, etc.", I thought the "Ancient Egypt" was confusing. I liked the "North Carolina Zoo Breakout", but that too had too many links to choose from.
I believe this is a better format to make my animal pages from though. I don't think I'd like the idea of it being an actual "quest" though, even though I get the idea that these quests are very informative. I want to make one that would just be simple and informative. I think clicking on "what does it look like" and "what does it eat" would be good enough with both my limited knowledge and my students age-level (but I'm sure they would know way more than myself). I would like to hear more about webquests though from Sabine to see if this is the avenue I should take with my students.
By the way, I'm slow with my powerpoint because I haven't made a page yet for my students to follow from...

No comments: